Friday, February 16, 2007

Fucking Planes...

So I got up early and got to the airport in plenty of time to get on my flight to NY and of course it's fucking delayed 2 hours.

YAY! so now I get to sit in the airport and blog. Awesome.

That's much better than being on the way to NY asleep... or watching one of 36 channels that Jetblue provides of direct TV. BTW I love jetblue. This is the first time I have been delayed on a jetblue flight and I always feel more relaxed in the bigger seats and built in TVs.

I guess it's more time in the lovely LA weather tha I am leaving for ... that's right the freezing city of New York. I have a day game program that you can probably still sign up for Here
And i also will be attending to Future's B-day festivities. I also have to squeeze some time for lawgirl in somewhere this weekend. I'll be coming back on Tuesday afternoon ironically around the same time that HBperfect will be driving down to LA.

The next few weeks are going to be insane. I'm really excited to see Australia and teach there. It's crazy that I'm going to be able to get paid to travel all over the world this year. That doesn't suck at all...

I also have to figure out where I'm gonna be living once my lease runs out in April. I have no idea if I'm going to be staying in LA and just moving to a less expensive place, or if I'm gonna be heading to Dallas. I'm probably leaning toward staying in LA just because it's familiar and I'm used to living here. I also have some pretty good friends there and I really have no desire to move somewhere and start all over again. I just don't wanna do it especially as anywhere that I move to I will be gone 2-4 weekends a month so building a new social circle from scratch will be a lot of unecessary work. Dallas would be cool, as I would have Captain Jack and Fidelio there.

My list of requirements for a place to live is as follows:

1. Must be walking distance to a bunch of bars, clubs and restaurants. This is non-negotiable for pulling and doing D2s as well as gettting food during the day. I hate driving and generally shy away from activites that require me to drive.
2. Must be a swanky looking building. I hate living places that look run down from the outside.
3. Must not be too cold. I can deal with weather that drops to about the 50s and maybe a few days below, I can't deal with NY weather.
4. Must not be too humid in the summer. I can deal with heat not humidity. Blech.
5. There must be a lot of girls where I move, preferably a couple of colleges.
6. Must not be too small of a city
7. Must be less than I currenty pay in LA
8. Must have AC and access to TIVO
9. Must have a swimming pool or jacuzzi
10. Must have easy parking

I'm really picky looking at that list,but if you are reading my blog that's not really any new info.

S

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 AM

    You'd probably like the Tempe/Scottsdale, AZ area. Dry heat, hot girls, and pretty much every event is a party. Though I don't know if I'd move here from L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:56 PM

    I know the exact place your looking for. It is called "Fantasy Land".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:33 PM

    Bro we would love to have you in the Texas area but I won't lie to you... Texas is one of the hottest/coldest states in the nation.

    Scottsdale is cool... but I have no ideas what there summers are like. But for some reason every adult in Scottsdale decided to have a really hot daughter. Its definently a target rich environment.

    Florida is bad ass!!!! Assuming you don't mind the hurricanes and shit, but people down there live a different life. No rules, just have fun! Everyone in Florida parties like a rockstar, that is why I love visiting there... good times

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:56 PM

    Try Denver - its a bit cold at times, but never really below 40 for more than a couple days at a time. You can get a pretty swank place in a new building, with bars/clubs across the street for about $1000 a month.

    Forbes called it the best city for singles 3 years running and it has the lowest obesity rate in America - no fat chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Atlanta's pretty sweet for women. It has the best strip clubs in the country. Yeah, I said it! And southern chicks are awesome.

    Buckhead, Midtown, Virginia Highlands, Decatur and Little 5 Points are the hot spots for bars and clubs. It is a party town.

    Oh, yeah. And then there's Athens, GA about an hour away. It's crawling with co-ed snapper in the Fall.

    To be honest, Sinn, it doesn't meet all of your criteria. The town of Atlanta is expansive and you just about have to have a vehicle to get around (almost.) It's also expensive, but no more than LA.

    There is a subway, MARTA. It has only a NS and EW line. It's cheap, though ($1.75) and it goes to Buckhead, Midtown, Decatur and Hartfield-Jackson airport. So, you could have your walking distance criteria met in several spots there.

    It's a lot like Dallas, freaking wet hot (miserably humid) in July and August. You can't believe the thermostats in the summer, you have to look at the heat index.

    It also gets cold here to, like in the 40's and below, sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'd love it in Tempe/Scottsdale I'd imagine. Around the Tempe Town Lake area you've got some killer condo development going on, close to the airport (Sky Harbor), super target rich environment where you can go between down to earth college girls hitting the Mill bars or test your mettle with the Scottsdale girls who usually want to know what emblem is on your keys before they want to know your name ;)

    Temperature gets hot but the culture is about keeping cool and we cry when it gets the least bit humid so I share that pain with ya.

    There are also some guys down here that run a nice lair (ArizonaPUA), one of which has kept an amazingly detailed newbie journal.

    ReplyDelete