Sunday, February 25, 2007

6th gear or the desire to win.

I was playing pool with The Don earlier today as I reel in my depression over HB Perfect. And the Ohio State-Wisconsin game happened to be on. I haven't seen Greg Oden play since he got the cast off his wrist and it was interesting to watch him do the same thing that Lebron does. Both guys are SUPREMELY talented, possibly the two most talented players to come out of high school in 30 years. But neither of them seem to have that killer instinct. They don't have that Jordan/Wade/Kobe desire to win even if it means stepping on your opponent's throat. And in my typical fashion, I relate this to game. A lot of guys simply don't want this bad enough.

Improving with women is difficult. And to really achieve mastery( and I don't believe anyone goes 5 for 5) but mastery is simply the ability to get a girlfriend within a week anywhere you can speak the language. I have mastery. 7 days in a city and I can make it happen every time. It just means that I can meet and attract women as long as I can communicate. I actually don't even think PU anymore almost ever. I don't think up new openers, or negs or anything, but I do get girls just by "being myself". The only difference between being myself now and being myself 5 years ago is that myself now is a bunch of behavior patterns I learned. But it has become engrained. i tease every person guy or girl. I am interesting, and I'm good at making people comfortable with my touching.

Now the other place that the will to win comes in, is in set. The BIGGEST problem I see in guys in field is that they freak the fuck out and stop talking when they get some reaction they don't understand. If you learn nothing more from my blog than to keep talking no matter what, you will get laid more than you did before. Nobody's routines hit a hundred percent of the time, but if you are able to keep engaging their minds with talk, eventually you will say something interesting. Most guys aren't willing to take the social pressure and awkwardness of pushing forward through uncertainty or neutral reactions. Hell even bad reactions can be turned around with an apology. In my mind there is no reason to leave set unless they ask you to. Keep talking until you get positive responses. This is what seperates the chumps from champs. So the next time you feel the urge to eject, ask yourself what else you can try without ejecting. Brad P has a great saying "Blow me or blow me out" It's a great frame you either get the girl or you save yourself the time by making them blow you out.

But before you put yourself through this ask yourself " How badly do I want this?"

S

7 comments:

  1. Great post Sinn, a good kick in the ass for a lot of us. I'm rarely blown out these days but damn do I eject like a mofo when things get "awkward." I guess I just need to push through that fear of awkwardness until they leave or tell me to do so.

    Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:31 PM

    Sinn said...

    "The only difference between being myself now and being myself 5 years ago is that myself now is a bunch of behavior patterns I learned. But it has become engrained. i tease every person guy or girl."

    LOL... That is so true! For some reason you really like to tease the shit of me. It is weird to hear you tease your students and know that you don't even realize you are doing it. Like even while you are busting my balls, I am thinking to myself, "This is awesome... He is talking to me like I am his little sister. This is how it is supposed to look/sound when you are teasing a girl!"

    If you found yourself snickering at the fact that Sinn teases me like a girl... then you missed the point. You want to tease everyone - guys and girls. This keeps you from having to go into PU mode when you see a target. You have been teasing people all day long, so there is no need to go from 0-60. If you are not doing this... you are wrong. Of course, like Sinn said, I guess it all depends on how bad you want it.

    Great Post Sinn

    -Priest-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Badboy has a nice message that
    reinforces this point. And that crazy accent of his just drives it home even more:

    http://badboyseduction.blogspot.com/2007/02/video-message-from-badboy.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. ty sinn i will try to keep talking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:09 PM

    the problem with this is when you're 'working the room' and then you gain negative social proof from getting blown out.

    yeah its great for practice, but when your on a college campus for example or small party, it sort of hurts. the context matters alot, and obviously when u go to different cities teaching bootcamps you can easily just plow and not care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nobody notices you getting blown out, I sarged on my college campus for 2 years.

    That's all in your head.

    Most people care more about what you think of them than they think of you.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:29 PM

    This post is so money. I have no idea how I found it though.

    ReplyDelete