Monday, May 14, 2007

The hook-up...

No not that kind of hook up.

I mean the kind where a friend or a friend of a friend, knows a guy or girl and you may be able to get some free shit.

We live ina hook-up society where everyone is always talking or bragging about how "hooked up" they are.

I for one am anti the entire process. I for one would rather pay than have to deal with the annoyance of asking for the hook up or the complications that said hook up will entail. I like to keep things simple. I don't want shit for free and I enjoy my friends without them having to do shit for me.

Even more frustrating about the entire culture of getting hooked up, is the fact that the hook up never seems to go smoothly, either the person who is supposed to hook it up isn't there, or their boss is there or whatever the fuck... And it doesn't go don thus creating false expectations. Instead , I propose that we all just stop. Pay for the things you want, save for the things you want but can't afford and don't take advantage of your friends...

S

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Amen. I used to word for Nike. Never have I had so many "friends."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:43 AM

    holla...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the other kind of hook up better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:17 AM

    It is kind of a two sided coin. I agree that we should be able to earn our own assets and skills in life instead of being dependent, but we also live in an interdependent society from the books we read the people who repair our cars. It is more about finding the balance of the two.

    ReplyDelete