Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Wackness...

Toast To A Terrific Tuesday Titans of Pick Up!

Alliteration is fun!

Anywhoo...

I was watching a movie last night and it got me thinking.

The Movie was called "The Wackness" and was about a high school kid in the early 90s who was dealing weed to save money for college and hooks up with and gets his heart broken by his shrink's daughter...

There was one scene in general that stood out.

It was when the girl who will eventually break the kid's heart, says to him

" You know what you're problem is? It's like you only focus on the wackness around you, while ignoring the dopeness."

It reminded me that most of us are always looking at what we don't have, what could be better, or where we ultimately want to be, that we miss the good things all around us.

I know I'm guilty of this more than most.

So this post should serve a reminder to all of us to focus on the positive, be appreciative of what we have, and live in the present rather than waiting for your circumstances or environment to change or the better.

S

5 comments:

  1. great post.. AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post Sinn.
    Your right and also there's an effect you haven't said and that is when u focus on seeing the good in your life, you get more of it :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:01 PM

    Deep. Preach, brother S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahahahahaha!

    That's been my mood booster ever since I saw it months ago. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:05 PM

    Funny, I watched this movie just a day before I read your post on it, and I found myself contemplating the same exact quote ever since.

    Of course, the second best quote has got to be this one...
    Dr. Squires: "It used to be you could lick a sheet of acid, hold up a band, fuck a whore in Times Square without anyone batting an eyelash. Now, one blunt, we're in the clink. This whole city's fucked!"

    ReplyDelete