Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I crushed Savoy in Fantasy- A recurring Tuesday column :)

So despite, forgetting to take injured Pierre Thomas out of my starting lineup and getting 0 points from a roster spot(cause I'm an idiot) I still beat Savoy like he stole something, 94-74.

Some would call a 20 point win a skunking and I will not disagree. Though I will say it may be the closest he and his ragtag group ever gets.

Ironically on ESPN.com I went 3-1 in my FF leagues and the one game I lost was the team Savoy is playing. That would make me hide my head under the cover for a few days were I him. Imagine if I had unleashed any of my actually well put together teams. It would be a massacre the likes of which we'll see this Saturday when Tennessee goes to Florida.

While Savoy is great with women and business, clearly he knows NOTHING about Football and even less about fantasy. I should have known this by his insistence on supporting both the Philadelphia Eagles and The San Diego Whiners... I mean Chargers. I mean I've heard of masochism, but Savoy must really enjoy enduring pain and suffering. Though I suppose I do root for the Vikings so I do understand the sentiment.

I got less than impressive showings from Deangelo Williams and Terrell Owens but somehow I still overcame. Though in my league I matched up against the 36 pts of Drew Brees which sucked. A lot. Seriously 6 TDS???? I think I'm going to pick up any good player that plays the Lions every week. Feels like a solid strategy.

The stakes of our little ass-kicking ( I mean contest) are that the Savoy ( I mean the guy who loses the season, so yeah Savoy) will have to grow and document the facial hair of my choosing ( Thanks Bill Simmons for providing the stakes). If you have suggestions for what facial hair you want to see SAvoy grow, please leave them in the comments section. I'm thinking fu-manchu or neck beard.

What do you guys think?

JS

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:53 AM

    How about an old fashioned bar-handle moustache? Kind of suits him for his old fashion techniques he teaches...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a full-out viking style beard that can then be twisted into a braid is the way to punish Savoy. My 2c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:01 PM

    I think mutton chops, with no stache would be the way to go.

    -Rooster

    ReplyDelete
  4. He who laughs last...laughs best.

    See you in January.

    And btw, there's no one who hates the Philadelphia Eagles more than a Philadelphia Eagles fan.

    -NS

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ultimate lost bet beard. oh and don't forget the baby mustache.

    http://treebeard31.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/beard.jpg?w=468&h=357

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:41 AM

    go for a rasputin. Then you twist it into 2 points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for the Kimbo Slice. You know, that big ass facial afro that covers up everything except the lips.

    ReplyDelete