Monday, August 29, 2011

7 Day Positivity Challenge Day 1



I've gotten into a pretty bad funk lately...

Not that anything bad is actually happening, but I have noticed that my thinking has become a lot more pessimistic than I'd like it to be.

So, because of that I'm going to be doing another Tony Robbins 7 Day Positivity challenge, like I did a few years ago.

To re-cap the 7 day positivity challenge goes something like this. For 7 days you have to focus on being completely positive, this means if you have a negative thought( like the fact that I got 3 hrs of sleep last night and am exhausted) you have 2 minutes to reframe it using empowering questions like " what's good about this?", "what can I learn from this?" or "what's the best use of my time here?".

This goes on for 7 days.

I've added another piece this year which I got from a program called Mine your brain by Doug Bench. The piece I've added is pretty simple, in addition to having to reframe things, I've also started wearing a rubber band on my wrist which I snap every time I have a negative thought. Doug Bench calls this "stomping your ANTS(Automatic Negative thoughts".

Thus far day 1 has been a challenge as I didn't sleep well at all over the weekend or last night and I now need to be positive while being a little grouchy.

I'm going to try to update this daily during the next 7 days in order to document how my challenge is going, if you want to do the same and comment along that would be swell.

Talk soon,

JS-the king of content



8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:28 AM

    http://www.amazon.com/New-Psycho-Cybernetics-Maxwell-Maltz/dp/0735202850/ref=pd_sim_b_3

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfVWWX2s7KE

    This is old one but I agree with how this Dr.Malts think.

    I think having good self image is really important.I think people follows this self-image.We need to re-write this self-image and this doc says We can. You can find PDF or watch youtube and if you felt this will help you some,maybe worth to read books or audio by him.

    You are all ways practical person,Jon.You did it then if it works right,you use it your teaching.I think it is real good attitude.Practical advice,practical method,all depends on how we use your advice.

    For me,worst self-help was higher value concept.

    I follow this challenge too.

    I think Neil Stuff drag you to pessimistic side.It's really not worth to think of him even a second.You have already warned to new people.It is just give you negative time to think of guy who gives you Negative energy.It's so waste of time to think of Mystery,Neil Strauss etc.You have already helped other people find real face of them.If you just put some link to find your past post about them.You do not have to think of them second.

    I bet you overcame this state but it's not positive and creative to talk about them.Other people already talk about shit about them.

    Success is sweet revenge.Who cares other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erik Ablaze12:08 PM

    I'll do it with you. I hesitated, at first, because I've had my share of battles with negative emotions. That's probably why I like your blog and videos; because I can tell you have had your battles with negativity, too.

    I went through a huge positive thinking binge a few years ago and I came out of it thinking I had been manipulated and just put under a hypnosis of sorts. I decided that negative emotions must have their place and that I wouldn't deny them anymore, but I've snapped back to my negative disposition and it's infecting everything and everyone around me. Maybe I need to dive back into positive waters again.

    I, also, noticed that when I'm negative, my expectations of how girls are going to react to my approaches tended to be negative and sometimes that can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. So, especially, when approaching I'm going to assume positive responses.

    So yeah, I'll do it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:08 PM

    the guy above me, sure. likes, to use, commas

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erik Ablaze6:18 AM

    It's the new PSS technique or "Proper Sentence Structuring" technique. I invented it.

    It forces the reader to really slow down and soak up what he or she is reading.

    PSSing is crucial for text game, especially, if your target thinks you're stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:34 AM

    WAR ON THE GAAAAAAAAAME :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:23 PM

    "WAR ON THE GAAAAAAAAAME :-("
    lol, stfu, if you want some war (on the game) do it yourself;)... Like you can see Sinn isn't in da mood right now, respect that!

    @Sinn: I'm gonna start with the challenge tomorrow, let's see how far I come xD... I bet you're pretty successful

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAR ON THE GAAAAAAAAAME :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Sinn awesome post...I going to do that as well

    ReplyDelete