Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Are we trapped by our sex drives?

I went to lunch with CJ on Sunday and we somehow got on to the subject of sex drives and how it would be awesome if we there was a switch there to turn them off or on at the appropriate time. I thought about this because as I've been forced to hunker down and work on the book and business stuff I haven't been going out as much. It's the first time in forever I haven't been out 6-7 nights a week. And it's really hard to not be out every night meeting girls. Even as I write this I've taken two or three approach breaks at this coffee place.

It really got me thinking about how much time and energy I devote to chasing girls. I talked with Shaft last night at dinner and he told me he hasn't been without a crush on a girl since he was 6. I often thought that as we get older it starts to slow down or if " Married with Children" was correct you even start to lose interest in sex as you get older. It doesn't seem to be the way it works though.

I guess it's just a matter of discipline, and priorities.

S

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:03 PM

    No, We are liberated by them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard it actually increases as we get older and even more when people "retire."

    Nacho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats CJ up to? Didn't know he was still alive. He hasn't updated his blog in months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:24 PM

    I dont know dude but this guy here doesnt seem to be stopped by that:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIZTDg21obQ&feature=user

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:44 PM

    you can control it if you put in the effort. Every food item that you take has a property which makes you either of the 3, pure, dim or dark. (simplistic translation)
    When you are in the dim realm, your desire for worldly things is high. (ambition, sex drive etc)

    Experiment with keeping your food simple ie., veggies, milk etc & see how your sex drive goes down. This is a standard practice in eastern spirituality. So one can redirect the sexual energy into a higher purpose. First you clean your diet, which helps cleans your thinking
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sattvic_diet

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:17 AM

    Its full of shit man

    ReplyDelete