Monday, December 06, 2010

Why Do You Do Pickup?

I was working with some of my top Apprenticeship group students this weekend, and one of them asked me what I thought about the whole pickup thing, while noting that I almost have a loathing for the community in general.

I answered the question by asking him why he wanted to get better at pickup.

He said that he wanted to have more experience, change his life, get laid more, etc.. All pretty common stuff. But what he didn't realize was why I asked him the question.

Everyone gets into pickup for the same reason; they want to improve their lives.

But, and this is a big enough but that it should belong to a Kardashian, once they start practicing they realize that results are going to take a little while.

Furthermore, they realize that once they've started going out and approaching girls, it's not that easy. Soon they realize that they won't be able to achieve their goals in the amount of time they originally thought it would take, and voila your mind needs to come up with a new motivational strategy for going out and talking to girls.

Luckily your mind is an amazing meaning maker and is able to find new motivations to go out. It might be to brag about how well you're doing with girls. It might be that you start complaining all the time about how the world isn't fair or looks are all that matter( I'm talking to you Karl in Chicago) But whatever new reason you choose, will start to bleed into all your interactions.

So what's the solution?

You have to do pickup for yourself.

Not to get girls, or to impress guys, or to alleviate boredom. You have to make approaching women something you do, because you want to. Because you enjoy the process and because you know that your life will be better even if you fail at your approach because you are becoming the kind of man who approaches the women he's attracted to.

That's the reason I'm the last man standing from my generation of "PUAS". Because for all those guys, pickup was a means to an end. A way to get something. For me, pickup was about becoming the kind of person I always wanted to be. The kind of guy who talks to beautiful women anywhere he is and doesn't need to set aside time to go out and "game" because I meet women everywhere I go.

You can do this too, but you have to make sure you're doing it for yourself.

Best,

JS- The King Of Content

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I got a question for you sinn... What do you mean you're the last man standing for your generation of PUAs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:14 PM

    he means mystery and neil strauss and all them have moved on. and sinn is basically the last one of that generation who actually still creates content....

    he forgot to mention tyler durden tho who is still here and probably makes a shitload more money cause he has a big company now

    ReplyDelete