One of the biggest misconceptions out there in regards to picking up girls, is the idea that rejection is your biggest enemy.
Everyone gets rejected sometimes. Plus most rejections you will face are much less painful than the ones you imagine. At their most intense girls will walk away from you. No more, no less.
That's why rejection is not the enemy. In fact rejection can be a very helpful tool for letting you know when it's time to move on.
Instead I would offer the idea that time is your biggest enemy when it comes to cold approaching.
Because most bars and clubs are only open for a few short hours, there is a real limitation on time that does not extend to approaching. You could approach every girl in the bar, but chances are you won't be able to do that in the 3-4 hrs you have.
I don't want to limit this to night game either as I myself have been guilty of spending 30-40 mins chatting with a chick during the day time only to find out she has a bf or husband.
So instead we want to focus on maximizing our time when we are out, which we can do by following some basic rules.
The 5 rules for maximizing your pick up time are:
1. Set goals for your time. A lot of guys go out with the goal of "doing some approaches" or " Working on their game" then they end up standing around by the bar "getting comfortable". Instead you want to set a # of approaches you want to attempt in the set amount of time. Once you do that you know how much time you should have between approaches as well.
2. Approach Right away. I personally have to do a few warm up approaches in order to make the transition from anti-social to social. Most of you guys reading this are the same way. So you need to approach as soon as you get into the venue. It doesn't have to be the girl of your dreams but you need to get used to immediately switching into "social mode."
3. Don't spend more than 25 minutes in a row with any one girl, unless you KNOW it's on. This is my biggest personal sticking point as I like talking to girls and will enjoy chatting even if it's not going anywhere. It's a mistake. Instead you want to keep the interactions to 25 minutes or less until you have a really good sense it's on.
4. Don't be afraid to walk away. When it's obviously not going anywhere, don't be afraid to leave the interaction. Now if you're a newer guy it may be worth it to "plow" for 10 minutes to get practice with that sort of thing but if you're already fairly successful and it's not working, just leave.
5. Re-approach girls you talked to briefly later on. Sometimes walking away is the only way to get the girls to change their minds about you. But at the same time it's worth going back and talking to the girls you approached earlier later in the night as things change quickly. Same thing for short sets during the day. A lot of the time girls will like you better the second time around.
So that's my list of ways you can maximize your time while doing pickup.
JS-The King Of Content