I know I'm ready for this week to be over with that's for sure!
I wanted to write a more big picture post today about escalation, it's not going to be heavy on tactics and techniques but more on an overall strategy for escalation that is extremely effective and easy to use.
What's this strategy you ask?
It's escalating on high points.
Most guys treat escalation like it's some sort of confusing thing. It's not. Escalation is easy if you know what you're doing.
Here's a few factors for escalation.
1. There is no perfect moment. In every Rom-Com ever made there's a perfect moment when the girl drops mustard on herself and the guy wipes it off and they're lips meet. That doesn't happen in real life. In real life you have to man up and escalate even if the situation is not ideal otherwise it's straight to the friend zone for you.
2. People are too stupid for subtle. It's true all the little non invasive escalations that you think are working. They Aren't.
3. Escalation builds momentum. The more a girl allows you to escalate the more she will allow you to escalate in the future.
So now that we know all of that let's talk about when to escalate.
The simple answer is, when it's going well. Girls are not that hard to figure out, if they're laughing, asking you questions, keeping the conversation going or touching you, it's time to escalate.
And what are we trying to escalate?
We can escalate the interaction in 3 different ways:
1. Verbally by giving her compliments, SOIS, demonstrating sexual interest, or qualifying her.
2. Physically pretty obvious but touching is the best way to screen what girls are into you and what girls are wasting your time.
3. Logistically moving the girl around moves the interaction forward.
So now we know what this should look like.
Girl laughs at a joke- touch her immediately
Girl asks a question- qualify her for her interest in you
Girl plasters a smile on her face- try to move her somewhere else
ANY TIME YOU ARE GETTING A POSITIVE REACTION YOU HAVE AN OPEN WINDOW FOR ESCALATION.
Hope that helps,
JS- The Once and Future King Of Content